Former Queensland Minister for Tourism, Consumer Affairs and Regional Development and Member for Noosa, Bruce Davidson has announced his candidature for the role of Chairman of the Noosa Tigers AFC in exciting news for the Club.
After a tumultuous inaugural season competing in the QAFL Division, much work has gone on behind the scenes to create a cohesive and vibrant administrative structure which has attracted like-minded, highly regarded Noosa people to join with Bruce in taking the first step forward to ‘clawback’ our position as one of the great, and successful, football clubs of Queensland.
He plans to lead a strategic and focussed Board with a restructured Football Department that will run Football Operations led by Senior Coach, Chris Rourke, Director of Football, Ben Collins, and Operations Manager, Jane Davis. Whilst the Board focuses on issues that grow and futureproof the club such as facility development, planning, education and revenue.
Confirmed candidates for the Board of Directors nominating alongside Bruce are;
• Vice Chairman – Julian Pitts
• Treasurer – Terry Thornton
• Club Operations Manager & Club Secretary – Jane Davis
• Director of Commercial Operations – Mandy Tupper
• Director Of Football – Ben Collins
• Director of Marketing and Communication – Mark Tait
• Director Of Culture and Welfare – Damian Murdoch
• Director of Infrastructure and Planning – Troy Duke
Bruce is extremely keen to talk to any of our wonderful club people who wish to nominate for our new Board (players and coaches are not eligible) or one of the working Sub Committees that will be integral to our structure.
Bruce will be introducing his team at a function on Tuesday, 12 October at 6.00pm at the Noosa Tigers clubhouse, 149 Weyba Road, Noosaville.
All are invited and welcome to hear Bruce and his team further detail their plan and vision.
Recognising the excellent work done thus far in developing and implementing the strategic plan,
Bruce has identified ten key areas requiring our immediate focus to ‘clawback’ in 2022, being;
1. Become a fully inclusive club that is renowned for it’s Junior and Senior development on the Sunshine Coast for both boys and girls.
2. To become the leading sporting club on the Sunshine Coast to embrace mental health and drug education.
3. Through selective, holistic recruitment and a focus on bringing our own homegrown talented players back from the VFL and other leagues around Australia whilst developing and promoting our Colts – become a powerhouse in the QAFL, and all divisions we compete.
4. Build on, and open pathways for our already successful Women’s Program. 5. Capitalise on the recent appointment of Head Coach, the highly respected and experienced Chris Rourke, to filter his knowledge and guidance through all grades of the club and accelerate Junior Coach recruitment and development.
6. Together with our wonderful corporate partners, coaches, players, families, members and volunteers seek to establish a welcoming and harmonious club.
7. Build appropriate facilities allowing our young people the very best chance to succeed. Our proposed exciting new Tigers Health and Wellbeing Centre is currently under consideration for finance, and should that be approved, due for completion in 2022 allowing us to extend our current social space to cater for more people, schools, functions and community groups.
8. Develop a masterplan for the Weyba Road precinct.
9. Expand our membership base to have 500 financial members in 2022 and generate more revenue as the competition grows.
10. Build and reinforce our links with the Noosa Community as a semi-professional, State League Club to explore co-branding opportunities for mutual benefit.
We have some exceptional people, both new and long standing with great passion for this footy club that possess qualities and skills that we desire to be part of this vision – often the commitment can seem overwhelming – Bruce and his team aim to change that.
The Noosa Tigers Australian Football Club Annual General Meeting will be held at the clubhouse, 149 Weyba Road, Noosaville at 6pm, 20 October, 2021.
Due to COVID requirements, please RSVP if attending to email@example.com